Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi, Internet!

Well! Hello there all you new readers and comment-making people. It's nice to see you. I am both surprised and pleased at the discussion taking place on my Let's Play A Game Part 2 post, and I appreciate all the kind words of encouragement + the thoughtful discourse. I apologize if I haven't responded to your comment directly, and there are a few I chose not to publish as they were either redundant or, you guessed it, troll-y. Most of those latter had to do with insisting that feminism = man-hating and, although I would like to discuss that particular misconception at some point, I wanted to keep those threads on the topic at hand.

Later this week I'll have some more posts for you all, but right now I'm on a writing AND editing deadline and need to give artists some feedback and my editor a script.

So in lieu of musings from me, I will give you this video: Ill Doctrine: All These Sexist Gamer Dudes are Some Shook Ones. It discusses, from a different perspective, how all of this is a problem, and gives some thoughtful advice on dealing with trolling and not allowing the spaces you go to online to become cesspits. All I really have to say about it is: YES THIS.

Ill Doctrine: All These Sexist Gamer Dudes Are Some Shook Ones from ANIMALNewYork.com on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment